Wednesday, April 16, 2008

SERMON a.k.a Mini Quiet time.

in the comforts of my room... at 18degrees... my feet are freezing...*random random..

anyway... adapted from

http://www.imeem.com/people/FGDkq5/playlist/nrqiXefa/truth_unplug2_music_playlist/

SATURDAY's SERVICE in SingaporE.

Counter the lie with the truth. When the lie comes back again, counter it with that truth again.

Applying the truth cannot happen just once only, but it must happen over and over and over again. It must become a lifestyle. Transformation requires you to renew your mind! Renewal is a lifestyle, not just a formula.

The devil knows a lot of knowledge, but look where he is now? Knowledge will not transform. God wants to renew your mind with truths. You need a specific verse.

Tempted in the Desert – Jesus

1 month and 10 days without food. Imagine the shape Jesus was in? Can you imagine? Satan comes to Jesus at the time he was at the weakest. Satan comes with 3 very tempting propositions, that is covered with lies.

Round 1:

Satan see’s Jesus is physically weak. Turn the rock into bread...... The issue is not about turning stone to bread, but submission to God. The issue was loyalty. The issue was obedience. Is yourself more important than obeying God? Jesus immediately said, “It is written...” that man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Jesus used the truth to hammer Satan’s lies. He did not go into a debate.

*hahaha. SO FunnY... Jesus did not tell satan, “Don’t step on my sand...”

Anyway, how many “It is written” is inside you?

Jesus did not use any force/logic/theory... not even his own authority. What did Jesus do? He used the truth. IF Jesus used the truth, who am I to do it differently?

*there are times where I wish I could just use authority to overcome temptations.

Round 2:

Satan uses, “it is written...” now...

*hahaha... Jesus could have turn Satan into a bread. Why a stone?

Who’s “it is written” is more powerful? Satan knows the bible very well.
BUT Jesus came out with truth, targeted at Satan’s lie. “What I see the Father do, I do...”...not test God...
IT IS WRITTEN, DO NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.

Round 3:

Satan offers immediate control of the kingdom... This world belongs to Satan... and it is true. Jesus did not rebuke Satan from that. First Adam lost it to Satan. Second Adam, Jesus takes it back...

Translation of Satan’s temptation: All these will be Yours! What did you come to this earth for? To redeem the world... But you don’t even need to die on the cross... all you have to do is to bow down...

Jesus could have chosen not to suffer. But He had to honour God too.

5 HABITS

Verbalising Truth reshuffles our emotions. Truth overcomes lies that can stir up your emotions...

Speak out the truth against a lie.

Personalize the Truth. Make it a first Person... Make it part of You...

“I will destroy Speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God and I will take thought captive to the obedience of Christ.”..... Speculations mean I WONDER... I WONDER...

Praying the Truth incorporates every truth into your prayers. Eph c4v29, Let no unwholesome word come from your mouth... Then... pray and ask God for this, that your words be an edification... words that encourage, and build up... instead of destroy.

Meditate the Truth When you sleep, what is the last thing on your mind?
*just recently, always after studying, the last thing on my mind before I sleep will be what I studied before. It goes through my head, until I wake up in the morning... really. When I wake up, those become my first thoughts...

Let the word of God be the last, and the first thing of my day... meditate on it =D really.

WHAT IS THE BIBLE? IT’s nothing but a book, not until you read it and internalize it, and meditate on it...

You need to memorise scripture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


____________________________