Thursday, February 21, 2008

Photo's galore =D














first post from Australia.

maybe i've never felt more down in my life than the days before my departure... some nights I just couldn't sleep well, some days just thinking and thinking... and time flies by so fast, when you really want it to slow down, it just won't... even though I knew it was all in God's hands, and He has never failed to amaze me even up to now, I couldn't help but still feel so sad.

You know? in the morning before my departure, I played the guitar and started to sing Heart of Worship... I'm coming back to the heart of worship, when it's all about You... and then, suddenly it reminded me of Abraham. I wonder how abraham must have felt when God called him to sacrifice his only son... and that was Worship... even though it meant seperation from the ones you love so much, you'd still choose to obey God. Abraham must have felt so sad... and when He was called to leave his homeland, and go to a land where God will show Him, abraham must have felt sooo sad too.So going overseas, yea, it's an act of worship. It's obeying God.

and even up to the aiRport, i must say, GOD IS FAITHFUL... you know? eugene asked me for my prayer requests, and that night, karyn prayed for me... for the excess baggage I had... I was over by 12 kG, and which meant, 12kg x 40 dollars/kg=840 dollars...

just kidding, it's not 840, its actually equal to 480 dollars additional charge...

so we went to the airport early, and the timing was perfect! you see, there was no queue when me and my mum reached the airport... and then we approached the counter. When I measured the luggage, it was 25kG, which exceeded the limit by 5kg. So my mum explained my situation, and then the lady at the counter said she'll overlook the thing and allowed up to 30 kg. So i asked if I could transfer the enormous weight from my hand-carry bag to my luggage, and she allowed. After adding in the stuff, it became... ... 32KG!... i saw the weight counter, and said, "oh, it exceeded the 30kg weight, errmm, can I take some things out?"

The lady replied, "ohh, ermm, ok. I'll let you go through for this time only... "

there it was, God answers prayers! and then, my hand carry luggage was added on to more than 10 kg... so i brought a total of about more than 42kg to Australia... isn't God amazing?

faithful till the end. and you knoW why the timing was perfect? there was no queue at first... after we finished checking iN, and walked a distance, sat down for 1-2 minutes, the queue grew by 10 metres... and continued to grow.

it was super super duper touching to see all you guys at the airport? make me feel like crying, but you know, my mum said, it was a joyous occasion... must be really happy and move on in life... While walking into the departure, i felt kinda excited, felt really different... maybe that's what Joy really is, somewhat like a sense confidence as I lugged the heavy bag, guitar and laptop towards Gate number A2...

As I sat there to wait, I began to thank God so much for my family, for my fairfield friends, for my church friends. Thanked God for so many things... so many thoughts rushed through my head, and really, i felt kinda dazed too, kinda haven't let reality set in yet.

and then, while waiting for the gate to open.... *nothing happened... dang dang DANG!! haha kiding. (only eugene will understand this joke) you know what happened?! I recieved an SMS by mR neo telling my sister about SiSterhood... oh man!... but see my sister's blog missygood2shoes.blogspot.com - taken from lisa, "the SISTER of i4c... eugene, the leader of the sisterhood.." hAHahAHahaaa. oops!*

so in the air plane, maybe i cried, maybe not... haha. I won't tell you...

so when I reached, everything seems to go smoothly, I met the person holding my name on an A4 paper, followed him to the house, met the landlady and moved into the house...

so it was, i finally reached Australia.

That day, I was really tired, but I had to do some things like getting my banking accounts settled, getting my student card, registering with the university ISS... those were a few things. I started at 1pm, and by the time I've finished, it was already 5pm... navigating around the place wasn't really too hard, because I had a map.

and so it was, when I walked across the road, back to the room, I took a bath, and then, I fell tight asleep... 1 hour, 2 hour, about 3 hours passed...

I woke up... I remembered I had not eaten yet! and everything outside looked so dark... sigh* so i decided to go back to sleep, but not eating was not a choice, because I didn't want to get gastric. The last time I ate was early in the morning at about 5a.m. on the plane, where i took two bites off a piece of bread, and a cupcake. Breakfast on airplane's aren't nice at all... haha. so it was then that I went to my bag, took out an Anti-gastric pill and ate it before I tried to sleep again... so 1 hour passed, about 2 hours passed... my stomach was growling... but I almost fell asleep

then suddenly, one knock...

two knocks...

three knocks on my door.

There was the landlady with a plate of rice, and curry (tasted like rendang), pork and losta drinks... there was lemonade, and 6 packets of green tea.

ohh man, have you ever said grace, and was so thankful you felt like crying... well, it was my first. Because it showed me that God loved me so much, and His love shown though the landlady to me... that He was still watching over me, and didn't want me to go hungry at night.

it was about 10p.m. when I got up, and ate the food. I was full, really full cos it was a lot of food. Then I went online, got my internet to work finally, chatted for a while, and then went to sleep...

I woke up at about 10 a.m. today, and had a good night's rest.. really! there was no need for aircon at night, because it was cooling, but not cold enough that you need to huddle under a blanket.

ok this is what I thank God for in addition to the FOOD! ...i thank God for the internet (it's wireless), I thank God for the water heater... there's always hot water, but don't know where it comes from... haha. their water heater must be turned on 24-7. I thank God for the Good rest....

so, the landlady decied to take me out for some shopping.. she decided to bring me around to buy some necessary items like a bedsheet, pillow...blahh a lot of things.... haha. the list goes on... and then I want to thank God for that time too.

I was talking to her, and she asked me what religion I was... I told her Christian, and she looked at me and said, "Wow! That's good, I'm christian too, and my family is christian too..." So she told me about her family, and her church... and but, it's all cantonese speaking. Also she says that one of the student that she rents a room out to is christian too, and she goes to Hillsong church. Another goes to the unichurch. Now, i've got some choices to choose from you know... yuP.

so now, that makes my accomodation more perfect than ever.

so she was telling me about how through Alice, she finally agreed to rent the accomodation to me. "you are very lucky", she likes to use that phrase... "you are very lucky" she said. It turned out that she had many many offers... and that she actually didn't want to rent the room out to me. But, alice said, "jordan's a very good boy... his family very nice people..." and which, my mum told alice, that "jordan's a very good boy, don't drink, don't smoke.... ... " So she agreed immediately... and that day, she couldn't be contacted on her mobile, so she couldn't recieve other offers... so she said, "you are very lucky..." and today, when she heard from me that I was a christian, she said that she was very happy that she could bless me with this place and let me stay. Yea, isn't it all God-planned?

she began to tell me about a house that she owned too, that's further away, when she advertised, immediately 20 students called in, and she brought them to view the house. Immediately, they paid the deposit and took it, and it's not even half as near to the university as where I am right now... all in the same day she put up and advertisement. That's how hard it is to find accomodation around, and how God had showed me that He was faithful, and how blessed I am to be in this place...

so it's a perfect place in a perfect plan... 7 the perfect house number... and the nearest accomodation anyone could get, to the medical faculty building I'll be studying in. How awesome is that?

and I managed to get so many things that I needed to get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


____________________________