Monday, February 25, 2008

ok. i got a mobile number... it's +61 433 911 915 finally :D it was quick.

Quiet Time: Guess what? I asked God what to read in the bible, and then I came to Jeremiah.


Day 0 Quiet Time a.k.a Mini Sermon:
To start it, on the first day, before my departure, this was the verse that God showed my dad...

Jeremiah 29v10, "You will be in babylon for Seventy yearts, but then I will come and do for you all the good things that I have promised, and I will bring you home again."

So I will be in Australia for 70 years...



just kidding. 7 years yup, and but God will do all the good things He has promised to do, and He will bring me home again. that was a great start...

So when I arrived, I started reading from Jeremiah chapter 1,

I've read it before, the whole of it, but this time reading it is different... there's new perspectives to so many verses I read.


Day 1 Quiet Time a.k.a Mini Sermon:

Chapter one: Jeremiah's calling.

See how God has called Jeremiah. It's so cool, because God has called me too...

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born, I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."

mmmmm, prophet jordan. nahhh... doctor.

but yea, God has his plans for all of us, and set all of us apart... appointed us as ________ in His plan. So, doctor? yea... that's His plans, way before I was born.

"O God, Soverign God. I can't speak for you! I'm too young!" Jeremiah said.

"Don't say, 'I'm too young' for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. Don't be afraid of the people for I will be with you and protect you." God told Jeremiah.

Take that verse, that's God's words... and look at it as if it were speaking to you... yea, it speaks to me. I was afraid, yea, cos its such a foreign place... so many fears and worries. But God's with me... now, i'm not so afraid anymore... really.

"Get up! Prepare for action. Go out and tell them everything I tell you to say. Do not be afraid of them or I will make you look foolish in front of them. For today, I have made you strong like a fortified city that cannot be captured. Like an Iron pillar or a bronze wall..."

Wow! that's a warning, and a promise... You know, fear makes a person look foolish... but be courageous. This is so in line with Joshua chapter 1v1-9... where God says repeatedly, "Be strong and courageous!" Yes... courage... You know God tells me again to be courageous :) and yea, see this, He makes me strong too, like a fortified city! And how to be like a fortified city? Proverbs 25:28, Whoever has no rule over his own spirit, Is like a city broken down, without walls... Rule over your own spirit :D.... 4 times God showed me Joshua chapter 1 (through zB, through my Mum, through my Mum's office and through an iPod sermon...) to be strong and courageous in Joshua chapter 1, and now another time, in Jeremiah chapter 1... :]

and also, this verse says, Get Up! Prepare for action... I can't just sit around and be laid back... prepare for the Harvest, prepare... start praying... start getting your bank accounts settled... start getting administration things done... start finding friends and people to reach out to... start now...

But you know something,

To Jeremiah, "They will fight you, but they will fail. For I am with you and I will take care of you..."

To Joshua (chapter 1v9) "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Just like what God told Joshua in chapter 1 too! can draw so many parallels between the 2 Chapters... both says, God is with me....


while typing this the John (landlady's son) gives me a pizza to eat! he's such a nice guy :D

and so, yea... Joshua chapter one... God says to walk into His promises, and Jeremiah chapter one, God says to enter His calling for my life.

Both Joshua and Jeremiah chapters are such GrEat chaptErs for A greAt start to a Great Plan. So consistent in what God says to me... really it just can't be coincidence... ... :D


so that was day 1, first Quiet time in Australia :D



everyday God answers my prayers so faithfully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


____________________________