Tuesday, January 01, 2008

ORD post... draft re-posted... Written on 22nd Nov 2007

this was part of one of my post so long ago... 5th January 2006 on my old blog...
"Tmr... tmr... ITs my big day!
my first steps... first steps towards manhood.
after 18 years....a long 18 years, and the time hath finally come. Thoust will be serving as Thee Army man for Singapore."

by Jordanio 05/01/06
I was psycho'in myself into ArmY...

and yes... just a couple of days of work left, a few more days and my last steps... and I finally almost completed it's journey. Of course, if I start thinking back of all the times in army and the friends, yea, I start to feel nostalgic.

You know... i really thank God for putting me in the Navy..and as a medic...
It's quite amazing how God planned my army life for me...

First few days of army, and it was the worst periods of my Army life. You feel homesick, You see airplanes fly past you, and what more, I just came back from Missiontrip the year before... and I wondered how long more will it take for me to be free again, like the people who are in the airplane... and even asked God, why am I singaporean? Other countries don't even need to do military training... with exception of a few.

So that was BMT.

After BMT, because I managed to slip through to pass my IPPT test, I managed to get into SISPEC *it's okay if you don't understand the army lingo... and during my Sergeant Course
(BSLC), I asked God what was my purpose in army... was I going to waste my time away? I mean it's 2 YEARS you know... ... Training was tough! digging fire trenches and hacking away solid roots to dig further.... running around in the jungle... contacting enemies... doing short sprints here and there... shouting around to your Section to overrun the enemy...

was that all to my life in Army?

I actually wanted to be a doctor since, mmmmm... Fairfield School days... Secondary 4
It was secondary 4 and I told God to let me go NJC, so that I can do well enough... I mean results are so important when it comes to University applications... but you know, I thought it was impossible then. I asked my teacher how many people a year go to NJC, and it's always just a couple of people...sometimes one, two, three, five? So all the top students get to go there... and I saw my own results, my own position, I wasn't even in the top 25-30 or even 40... and it's an exponential jump in grades as you climb up the ranking lists.... like my average score can be 58marks while it jump to 70-80marks a few positions higher.

and you know what?... every step of the way... I always find that God's so amazing with the way He guides me and blesses me and leads me... I did pray so hard during my exams, and during my revision..

I can most surely say that I wouldn't have made it without Him. and I got into NJC with a shave of my chinny chin chin... it's one point more and I'll be in another JC

So, again, A levels, I can most surely say it again, God was there with me. It was the toughest examination period ever. Subjects seemed like a mountain in which you could never reach the top. I guess, it's impossible to study finish everything in A levels, cos there's always more and more to learn...

So then, it was time for ARMY...

And my army... After SisPeC BSLC course... I was most delighted to hear that I got into the medic course...

YOU KNOW what? It really gives you lotsa relevant knowledge that can give you a headstart as a doctor. Guess what? Intravenous Injections can only be done by Doctors in most part of the world cos it's an invasive procedure. But we get to do it so often... I learnt things like, CPR, the use of AED, how to manage a breathing difficulty, a truama case, a heart attack, how to keep a person alive, how to monitor his vital signs, how to revive a hypoglycemic patient, how to manage a heatstroke... It was protocols after protocols for a large number of emergencies... and I learnt how to keep a person alive as long as possible till a doctor arrives with miracle drugs.

I knew that God had planned it all. You know? I actually asked God if I could go to OCS instead of SISPEC... and even if not OCS, go straight to unit, cos SisPEc's the middle ground... they say not a goood place to go...

and I went to SISPEC... and now I know why...
God planned it all, so that I could to get into the SAF Medical Service... and He planned it all for me. Isn't it amazing?

yea, and I was attached to an ambulance where we responded to real life calls... you know dial 995 and the ambulence rushes to the scene. There was diabetic patients, heart patients, drug addicts... and I was also attached to the Accident and Emergency department of Alexandra Hospital.

Isn't being a medic Cool? All the more cooler when I wanted to be a doctor?
you don't such opportunities falling from the sky by chances... and I figured that God was so real...

and now, there's more and more miracles that God has done for me in my university applications...and I am really believe that studying medicine is God's plan for me... a miracle hard to believe.


so I'm going to study really hard. believe me =)

2 Comments:

Blogger wanlinツ said...

HELLO.!! UNCLE.!! oops. i mean. JIEJIE.!! =]] anyway. well. it's really cool seeing how GOD has planned a way for you and all. but. seriously. it bores me to the core. -.= anyhow. ADIOUS.!! x))

3:47 PM  
Blogger wanlinツ said...

HAHA.!! oops. i was using someone elses account. i don't think you know who i am?? act cute. blahblahblah. auntie. =]] i guess that will be more of a name for you to know??

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


____________________________