Monday, July 09, 2007

a Dreamers Essay

dreams are an awesome creation...really.

especially big dreams! and it's really cool to see people fulfill their dreams.

and you know it's exciting to have for Yourself dreams and to fulfill them...

but where do I start from? had and have lotsa dreams... some good some bad....

confessions:
I wanted to be a one-shot kill CounterStrike Player. My friends said I was a cheater. It was skill ok! haha.
I wanted to be a neopets millionaire in Secondary 2.
I wanted to enter the Top Kingdom in Utopia and be a ranked province in an online game.
I wanted to have a powerful Maple Story character. *don't laugh***
I wanted the best gears for my Gun Bound character.

And all these I got eventually, You know Why?

those were dreams too.
and having dreams are powerful, cos dreams gear your engines of determination and effort towards a goal.

I think the amount of time i spent on computer games in secondary school was scary. at least 4 hours a day? There was a time I was completely addicted to games... and my parents bought me my own PC. Games in excess are bad... *but that disproves the theory that the computer destroys your eyesight... i'm still left and right 6/6.

Thank God all my accounts were banned eventually.hAha.
Thank God my Brother stole all my Neopets Money and items because I gave him the password.
Thank God that my Computer broke down, and never worked properly since...
Thank God that I joined guitar and hockey in JC1 which took up the entire week...
which then after I lost almost all interest in computer games...during JC life.


a better dream to have..

to be a doctor. *has been a dream since primary school?...or was it sec 1... and this is actually the reason why I chose to go NJC... so that I could do well at least score the results needed for that dream... at first, I wanted to do well to be on top, you know... like being 1st or 2nd or Top 5 Percent and 10 Percent is like "WOW!" and you get 500 dollars, or 300 dollars, or a 50 dollar Borders Voucher and a "LOOK at ME" Certificate and mEdal.

But now, I think doing well because of a dream gave me so much more push to excel, much more than the gratification of the CERT, or the little incentives, or the "LOOK at ME" Certificates... cos I sort of knew that if I didn't do well, there goes this dream. And what if that dream was God's plan for me? I always thought so... so I decided to want to excel for that reason.

mmmm, I've got distant dreams . . . someday I want to be a pediatrician.... I want to go China to set up orphanages... I want to start a large drug company selling/giving cheap drugs to countries needing it...

maybe that's why Dreams are ImpOrtAnt! and why BiG dreams are imPOrtant too! and I believe God does place dreams in our hearts... a lot of it will be His plans for you. well, mine was to be a doctor... What's Yours?


to excel in studies. *it started from primary 6 when I dropped out of EM1 because I did so badly... then in Secondary school, to get into triple science... well, computer games took a lot of time away and I didn't do so well in sec 1 and sec 2. Thank God that He killed my computer a few weeks before Sec 4 Prelims... * NOW, it's my REst Time. HAHA. *soon, in future, it'll be time to study again, harder than I did before for University because, that's stewardship. My parents will spend a bomb to send me overseas, and God did give me a place to study, and I must be a good steward of what God has blessed me with. And that's my dream.


to see my small group members grow. *you know, I never told anyone this before. There was this once, Ps Daniel preached about Fruitfulness... and I remember that day. It was different, and I told God that I wanted to live a fruitful year this year. That week, Zi bing asked if I wanted to lead a small group to do the Experiencing God. I didn't want to at first, but you know, I sort of knew that was God answering me. So at the start, haha... i admit that I thought that being a small group leader would help me grow, and yah, i thought that was how God answered my prayer... but it didn't really exactly. Because it started off as obligations to the role assigned... I do this chapter because of the role, I remember that verse because of the role again... But I think that fruitfulness really starts when I see God work in those around my small group members... and I really love them. Every one of them is precious to God you see. But of course there are times I feel incompetent... yah... pray for me.


to be a excellent worker in my Workplace for now, and an excellent doctor in future. *it's difficult. so different from normal school life, or maybe different from normal army go jungle fight enemy kind of life. Welcome to the OFFICE. I do admit that where I work is already one of the best places to work in the whole of SAF so far. But, there's always an attitude check that I've always gotta do.
*First, it's easy to slack... so many people do... even myself at times. And to Not to do means doing the work of those who slack too... *that takes extreme patience, humility and yah, doing it for GOD! You know when I first came into my Branch, work was constantly being pushed around, from They to You and always back to me because I don't like to push it to others to do too... You know being a sergeant isn't easy too. I learnt swallow your rank and just do =)
*Second, it's easy to give excuses... and I think many excuses are lies... when asked why work is not done or why it's done wrong.
*Third, it's a truth. No one likes to do office work!!! boring...haha
*Fourth, it's easy to look forward to ORD and then, leave all the work for one poor guy to do. 3months to ORD you see... 1 month left of OFF and LEAVE to clear = 2months of work left.

Well, I guess what Pastor Daniel said about Attitude is true, and is what I needed to hear... and to always keep a constant check on my Attitude at work.


Ain't God amazing. Actually when I look back at my life, *i'm not very old btw.... *, but yah, I start to see how step by step, God opens doors and directed me towards my dreams...or His plans, number one becoming a doctor. From Primary School PeiHwaSec, to Secondary School, FairfieldSec, to Pre-University NationalJuniorCollege, to Overseas each step, each day, each test, each exam, one step at a time.

When I decided that God was real in my life in hmmm secondary school? from no Church, to some Church in East Coast, to some church in Clementi, to some church in along Bukit Timah Area, to COSBT, to Y.I Camp, to Youth Impact, to cell groups, to Corban and to I4C, to Small Group... each camp, each service, each sermon, each cell group session, each friend made...one step at a time.

Like a whole big picture, or an art piece, or garment being weaved together.... *this is literature*

It would have taken much painstaking effort to plan so much detail in each Dream, and then lead me to follow it...ain't God amazing!?


so,

KEEP DREAMING... and start with an ATTITUDE CHANGE. =)

*******************************************************************************
*punches hands in the air and shout, "I'm in control! C'mon, C'mon people!" ..... "Shout it Loud... I'm IN CONTROLLLLLLLLLLLLL" ... eat fire... eat fire...
*****Cost $20.00 dollars discount *before GST with effect from 7% from 1 July 2007.



thank You Zi Bing for organising the AMAZING amazing race =) i thought it was really really really fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


____________________________